2017-03-11

Kakizaki Memi blog: Praying on a star

A star ☆


Kakizaki Memi
2017.03.12


Good evening,
It's Kakizaki Memi.

Today is March 11th.
Six years have passed since the East Japan Earthquake.

For those who died, I pray for happiness in the next world.






I made a star from the paper sleeve for splittable wooden chopsticks!

Even though I didn't do it too well (lol)


Bye-bye

Kakizaki Memi

_____________________________________________  written 170311, posted by staff 170312  01:31h

Most members are saying something about the Earthquake today. I remember watching the horrific scenes of the tsunami washing away towns, as people fled up the hills. Japan's emergency planning kept deaths to "only" 18,000 people. Hundreds of thousands of people are still not able to return to their homes.

The enormity of the reconstruction needed is almost unimaginable. But as a post on 2channel pointed out, Kobe is pretty well fully recovered from its horrific earthquake of 1995.
 
One gets the feeling that Memi doesn't really comprehend the enormity of all this. But she makes a sweet and immediate gesture, in any case.

This photo from Kageyama Yuuka's blog hints at another side of Memi's nature. Japanese comments are calling it "tsuntsun" ( ~ aloof, standoffish) Memi. My own caption is below the photo:


Memi-hime is not pleased. Look out, Kage-chan. 

From what I can gather of her real nature, I think calling Memi "Memi-tan" is not actually appropriate. I think "Princess Memi" (Memi-hime) is closer to who she is.

By the way, I like that shirt with the cats on it. Reminds me of the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland. Unpredictable and a bit ferocious.

No comments:

Post a Comment