2017-03-09

Suzumoto Miyu: The many ways she shines

Japanese fans are finally discovering just how great Suzumon is. Here are some comments brought together by a Keyakizaka46 news site.

1 -- At the the top level in the group for performance strength and variety talent and lovely in looks and being easy to get along with.

5 -- I'm a Suzumon oshi, too. There may be prettier members, but her looks are fully satisfactory. And her potential level is high.

3 -- Since she's basically so majime, I worry that she might not be very good on talk shows.

4 -- (to #3) Since she's cute and teasable, I think it will be fine. She'll gradually get used to doing it.

6 -- Now that you mention it, she really does have high specs.

11 -- I think of her as a beautiful woman who's aiming at being an entertainer and whose face leaves a strong impression.




13 -- (to #11) That also applies to Imaizumi and Neru.


16 -- She could make a living as the kind of idol whose reactions are shown in screen-inserts.


17 -- In the "cool expression" game, she couldn't suppress her reaction for more than an instant. It's good to know she's so honest.


12 -- Suzumoto is cute.

24 -- But the impression she gave at first was that she was severe.


She didn't seem that likeable at first. Whether that was intentional, or because she was nervous, I don't know.

19 -- If she had been taller, she would have seemed better.

21 -- She should speak more. She has a special way of pronouncing things.

22 -- Myself, I'm an Ozeki ota... But I think that Mon stands out as having the most overall feminine power in the group. Her appearance and figure may be average, but her cooking is very good and she's helpful to people. I loved to see her playing around so enthisastically in the dressing room!

31 -- When she made those beautiful crab croquettes, it wasn't just that they looked good as that she showed so many skills making them.




28 -- How cute she is just leapt out at you in the dressing room:

Suzumoto: "...and I'll never wear clothes again..." Ahahaha!

Suzumoto: And now I'm Little Miss Perfect.

Suzumoto: The idiot goes home.

32 -- Lovable, great at variety, a good performer, has a huge bust, can cook... She's great! And having her hair up is better.


27 -- It took a while to realize.

18 -- I'm just happy that people are realizing how great Suzumon is.


comments by readers of the news site:

-- I really love her.

-- Her hairstyle and make-up were really important.

-- It was so cute in the "cool beauty" game when her expression fell apart right away, even to the point of her hands going to her head. It's nice that with her, inside and outside are the same.

-- This is the kind of thread where people say the things I want to say. I agree 200%

-- Her expression is exactly what's meant by "lovely" (愛くるしい aikurushii) .

-- At first, I didn't like Suzumon's excessive politeness. But in the first episode of KeyaBINGO, when Sandwichman suddenly came out and everyone was in an uproar, she was the first to stand up and greet them properly. In the midst of the turmoil of that dokkiri, it was really wonderful that she was able to give a proper greeting.

-- I love Suzumon the most. Rather than being a beauty, she gives the impression of being "lovely." In any case, she has her big reactions and her nimble dancing. I do understand Techi's excellence, but I think Mon would shine in any position.

-- Whatever she's done up to the current moment, I think she can grow to be much more remarkable. My  expectations are high, but I don't just expect them to be fulfilled, I hope they will be betrayed -- in a good way.

-- At first, I didn't like her at all, but the more I got to know her, the more kinds of attraction she showed, and now I love her.

-- If she would speak up more when talking to the MC, she could aim at outside variety work. But now I think she will just continue to be part of the variety group on Keyakake.

-- I think that as she gets older, she'll become a good woman with a beautiful face, and will be able to do advertisements for cosmetics.

-- You can be looking at Mon and she will suddenly flash a smile. Later, if she does lightly-dressed gravure, she will never look back (because of her chest, especially).



-- She's not tremendously popular in handshake, so I don't think she's an overwhelming centre candidate. Zuumin and Pon are, so I think they will not make her centre.

-- "I don't think you know anything about me." [note: Suzumon's classic line to MC Sawabe.]

-- In the backstage talk at Shibuya no Oto, when the other members were playing around with making serious faces, the way she shyly hid her face from the camera was sooo cute.

-- A weak point is the way she just trails off when someone doesn't react positively to what she says.

-- She's at a high level among the members, but she seems too quiet and reserved. I don't know whether that's her herself, or instructions from management, but it's something to be concerned about.

-- It's early yet. The 4th single for Nogizaka was just Manekin. She's changing in an orderly way. Mona has changed and become much more natural. Mon has a lot more room to grow.

-- That's true. She is the type who will take on more and more charms as she goes along.

-- Suzumon's handshake service has gotten better. She said in her blog that she wanted to get better at handshake for the 3rd single. Heer stage performance and variety activity are already both top-level. I just want her to work at taking care of her physical condition.
_______________________________________________________

Mon has been my oshi almost from the beginning. I was just so impressed with her dancing and her overall performance in the Silent Majority MV. And I was shocked and disappointed that fans in Japan and elsewhere didn't seem to like her much.

But now that's changing. She just sold out all her handshake slots in three weeks, and almost everything you read about her is praise and enjoyment.

3 comments:

  1. I'm really glad that she's gradually getting more recognition, she's my kami-oshi after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she also straight speaking..in keyaroom season 2 ep 8.zuumin tell,,"do you know who write this love letter",,,suzumoto just answer " how would i know it"

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's also my oshi since day 1. I was surprised that most of the comments above are implying that she's average in terms of beauty. Well for me she could easily become one of keya's top beauty!
    Since i've been watching her from the beginning, seeing her now be able to sold out her handshakes in just a short amount of time gives this surge of proud feelings :") im so happy for her and i'll be patiently watching over her to grow into a stunning top lady of keyakizaka46!

    ReplyDelete