2017-03-25

Nagahama Neru may NOT be going to college this year

In a magazine feature, Neru says that doing Kanji Keyaki, Hiragana Keyaki, and school all at the same time was tough. And with graduation from high school she can now concentrate on idol work from here on. No mention of college.

There has been heavy speculation about which college Neru might go to, but little talk (except from me) about the possibility of her not going to college at all. She has hinted at this occasionally before.

Here's the magazine piece. She doesn't say it flat out, but to me the implication is very clear. Judge for yourself. Page images followed by translations of important text from them. Not sure what magazine they're from. Images via Keyakizaka Matome. Click images to enlarge.



Neru eats her fill of new things.
Fast-rising and highly-noticed kennin between Hiragana Keyakizaka46 and Kanji Keyakizaka46.
Nagahama Neru.
Approaching her high-school graduation, she's on the verge of taking a new step forward.
Let's imagine Neru-chan's "new life"!
A gravure of "if Neru-chan moved"!!



Three keywords for talking about Neru:

1 -- Nagasaki

"I love my hometown of Nagasaki. There's plenty of nature there, and so many good things to eat.
You can't get the dialect out of me. There are many times when the other members don't get what I say."

(top left)
Neru-chan's new life is devoted to being an idol.
-- You were photographed in front of cherry-trees wearing a school uniform, and in fact you are graduating from high school, right?
Nagahama: Up to now, I've been doing three things -- school, Kanji Keyaki and Hiragana Keyaki -- all at the same time. It has been tough. Now with graduation, one of them has been cut away, and I intend to concentrate fully on work. For me, and for Keyakizaka46 and Hiragana Keyaki, I think this is a decisive year.

-- From now on, you're going put full effort into being an idol. What is the relation between Keyakizaka46 and Hiragana Keyaki now?
Nagahama: Starting with Uemura Rina, who loves idols, the members of Keyakizaka46 have come to really think the Hiragana members are cute and feel very friendly toward them. But the Hiraganas still think of the Keyakizaka46 members somewhat as seniors, and remain a bit reticent. I intend to work to have more people gain an interest in Keyakizaka46 through Hiragana Keyaki.

-- What challenges will you personally be taking on now?
Nagahama: I want to participate more actively in TV variety. To improve my talk ability, I'd like to work at radio more. And I'd like to do walkabout shows! It would be great if I could go into all kinds of old neighborhoods and look around art museums.



2 - Walking

"I love to go by myself into areas I don't know. Tokyo has lots of shops and scenes. it's so exciting!"

In the middle of this page is some standard info about Neru's birthday (980904), height (157cm), hometown, blood type (O), nicknames (Neru, Neru-chan).

At the bottom of the page it mentions the new single, the weekly TV show (Keyakitte, Kakenai?), the upcoming one-man live (6 April), and the official site. But it also mentions the radio show that up to now has been hosted by Hirate Yurina. Now that Yurina will host a more widely-known national  show (Girls Lock, part of School of Lock), perhaps Neru will take over the weekly show. She has always been good when she has been Hirate's co-host.


I don't have the page with keyword #3.

2 comments:

  1. Is School of Lock the show that Nanamin used to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. She did it right up to last week. There's a bit more info here:
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/hirate-yurina-1st-generation.12811/page-35#post-1301543.

    ReplyDelete