2016-08-14

Nagasawa Nanako makes arrests at Nagoya handshake event

Nanako said she would do it, and she did: for two of her four handshake sessions in Nagoya Sunday, she was in police uniform.



Here's one report from a guest:

Nanako: "Oh."
me: "I'm turning myself in again."
Nanako: "You're turning yourself in. What have you done?"
me: "I've fallen in love with Naa-chan."
Nanako:  "I'm taking you to the station, then." (smiling)
Oh, what heaven!


And here's another:

me: I've done something bad. Please arrest me.
Naako comes closer and speaks in a quiet voice.
Police Naako: "I'm taking you in."
me: "Thank you very much."
Police Naako: "Now, you mustn't do bad things." 
I love how Naako speaks. So cute. I want to be arrested.

Nanako had trouble attracting handshake guests at first, but then she started to go all-out "fishing" for them: posting photos of herself in bed with gifts she'd received, promising good exchanges and special outfits. And it paid off. She's now one of the group's top ten handshake sellers and sold out all 20 available handshake sessions.

At first, Nanako seemed a mousy little former part-time miko. But then her true weirdness began to come out. As did her deep love for idols. The recent Tokyo Idol Festival was a real festival for her. She went around taking pictures with idols she had loved as a fan.

Her sneaky little smile is always a joy to see on the group's TV show Keyakitte, Kakenai. I liked it when she was explaining the enormous amount she eats, despite her physical slightness (a kilo of food for breakfast and finishing off other people's leftovers). And her incredible stoicism was impressive when a masseur was doing things to her feet that had other members screaming, while she remained totally silent until told to make noise.

It's gratifying that the group's choreography and camera-work is now giving us more glimpses of her during performances.

She only wore the uniform for two of her sessions Sunday. For the other two, this is what she wore:

2 comments: