2016-08-19

Katou Shiho -- "Sorry for that unsightly Showroom broadcast" (blog post)

Katou Shiho is one of my favorite members of Hiragana Keyaki. She's a slow-talking 18-year-old graduate with a lazy smile, a soft face, and a personable manner. She has said that during high school, she had a part-time job in a convenience store and can operate a cash register "at the speed of light."

Two days ago, however, Katoshi had to shut down her Showroom broadcast in tears. It was another good broadcast, with her as present as ever, seeming to speak directly to you. She admitted she was feeling a bit negative -- probably feeling she had to work on her singing and dancing. And then disaster struck.

Her stream was acting up and she, in her "my pace" style, simply got up to go and check things out, leaving the field of view. But as she left, she knocked the camera and it swung to reveal a glimpse of a messy corner of her room, with clothes and bags jumbled over each other. Seemed fairly normal to me, lol, but not very presentable.

Viewers made a few snide comments, but she soldiered on for a while. Tears began to spring to her eyes, however. She said what bothered her most was that Kakizakai Memi, her young friend in Hiragana Keyaki, would surely be watching.



Commenters took pity on her and kept saying it was all right, that they were going to come to her next handshake event, that they loved her and loved her and loved her.

"Don't be so nice," she said. "Tell me how useless I am." 

The tears would not stop. At first she held a comb up in front of her eyes so we couldn't see them, and called it a "mosaic." Then she put it in front of her nose and called it a "nose mosaic." Eventually, however, humour couldn't stop the tears: they began to flow in great streams down her face and she had to end the broadcast.

I worried about her and hoped someone would call and comfort her. Perhaps it was Iguchi Mao, as today's blog post might suggest:
________________________________________________________

2016.8.20

Heart (﹡ˆoˆ﹡)

Good evening.

It's Katou Shiho (。・ω・)ノ♪︎

Yesterday, I finally did another Showroom broadcast (。・о・。)
To everyone who watched, really, thank you very much!
And also, I apologize!
I'll do my best never to show you something so unsightly again (T ^ T)
And I'm cleaning up my room!
I'm sowwy it was so messy.

Yesterday, I got together with Iguchi Mao (﹡ˆoˆ﹡)
I seem to meet her every two days (lol)

We're both working on things (lol)

Recently, Mao-chan is a real emotional support. (tee-hee)

I made a purikura with that Mao!
I hadn't made one in a long time and it changed our faces so much that we both broke out in laughter.
It did such a bad job that we're going to back for revenge o(^_^)o



Heart ♡

On that day, the humidity did amazing things to my hair ( ˙-˙ ; )


Finally, here's Katoshi today.




Thank you for reading.

Katou Shiho
__________________________________________

I'll just add a couple of photos: one of Katoshi with Iguchi Mao, then a screencap of the messy room from Showroom.



So now you know what happened. I hate to say it, but I'm glad I made the effort to watch her Showroom. It was an event. And she seems to have survived. With this kind of thing happening, I think she's a natural-born idol, although she herself may not feel that way right at the moment. Katou Shiho is a real human. And she's never dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment