2017-02-07

Nagahama Neru blog: Red lips and a new word

Good sense, 164

Nagahama Neru
2017.2.7


Good evening ~

Today, February 7th
Starting at 6:55 pm I will be on TV Tokyo's
"30 Seconds of Truth Stranger Than Fiction, Must-See TV"

Three of us: Moriya, Sugai and I will appear.
Sunshine Ikezaki's 30 seconds are amazing!!
Definitely, please watch.



Also, also
Since it's Tuesday
The drama "Quartet" will be on!!!!!

I work hard all week in anticipation of this drama.

Every word of the script touches my heartstrings.
I really love it.

The expression in the script
"Mizo-mizo shimasu" is truly of deep interest. [note: explanation after the post]

Even though it was the first time I'd heard the words said
I just somehow got a sense of what they meant...


The words don't just convey sound or meaning.
So interesting~

They go so far ( ´-` ).。oO




I got some really moist lip cream (photo above)

My lips became glossy right away
And also supple. I guess.

Moist, glossy, supple... ["uru-uru, tsuya-tsuya, puru-puru..."]



Thank you for reading my blog.

Nagahama Neru

posted 2017/02/07  16:14
__________________________________________ 

I claimed I would explain the expression "mizo-mizo shimasu," but a full explanation is not really forthcoming. This is a new expression used by one of the characters in the new TV drama Quartet. Generally, it appears to refer to a feeling like a thrill of excited but uneasy anticipation. But I can't really give much more explanation, at least until I have watched some of the drama (which I will soon).

What understanding I have of the term comes from this page. Another page says the term should be a candidate for best new word of January, lol. Some people are now calling Tuesday "mizo-mizo suru day." The drama and the expression both seem to be gaining wide praise. The drama features four actors (two men and two women) who are known as real actors, rather than stars. The basic outline of the story is four string players in their thirties, whose careers and lives seem to have failed, who somehow end up sharing a house together...in the high-class resort town of Karuizawa.

I love how entranced Neru is by words. I hope she settles on Japanese as her major in college -- if she goes to college. She loves the West and might want to do international studies, but to have a full command of your own language is a wonderful thing. And I can picture her wanting to write song lyrics, which she has said she admires. Aki-P started university, but appears not to have finished, since he was already making too much money writing.

The show Neru, Akanen and Sugai were on Tuesday evening was basically a two-hour compendium of 30-second clips, many from YouTube, with a group of celebrities reacting to them. The celebrities included the three from Keyakizaka46 as well as KeyaKake MC Sawabe-san and his comedy partner. The K46 members themselves did a 30-second clip where they made a kind of melon-pan sweet bread, doing a well-received few seconds of the Saison dance while they were waiting for it to cook. I've only seen bits of the show so far. Sunshine Ikezaki's 30 seconds really were very good. He's the normally high-tension comedian whom Shida Manaka says in my second-last post that she wants to get Akanen to do an impression of.

The other thing that strikes me about this post is how Neru's lips ties in to Monday night's KeyaBINGO, where the impression of Neru's lips was judged the most beautiful among the impressions of all the members' lips. On the other hand, I've elsewhere seen a comment that very red lips don't suit her. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment