2017-02-09

Kakizaki Memi blog post: A train on the Wakarima Line

The point of this post depends on a pun in Japanese. I'll do my best.
_______________________________________________________

Wakarima Line

Kakizaki Memi
2017.02.10

Good evening,
It's Kakizaki Memi.

Meimei (Higashimura Mei) and I were going to take a train.

Me: "Which line? Heading to what station?"

Mei: "Wakarimasen." ("I don't know.")

Me and Mei: "...huh?... (explosion of laughter)."

[note: "Wakarimasen" means "I don't know." But a "sen " is a railway or subway line, like the Yamanote Sen or the Shinjuku Sen. So it sounded like Mei was saying they should take the "Wakarima" line.]

My poor way of telling the story probably doesn't get the humour across, but it was really funny. We couldn't stop laughing (lol).




When Meimei really gives a big laugh, her laugh is extremely loud!

I think you'd all be surprised.

Someday I want to let everyone see Meimei really laughing (lol).


Bye-bye.

Kakizaki Memi

posted 2017/02/10   04:05
_______________________________________

Memi's way of telling the story got the humour across perfectly. I laughed out loud. I'm not sure about my way of translating it, however. Original Japanese post.

This is one of the posts that makes me think Memi and Mei and Manafii have moved to Tokyo. Mainly because they are finding their way around town on their own and enjoying it, of course, but their explosive reaction to that little pun is a reaction you might have when you're already giddy with nerves and excitement, as I would be if I had just moved from home to the big city, whether I was 18 (Meimei) or 15 (Memi).

That final selfie by Memi is amazing. She knows how to pose. It has already been reposted numerous times with positive and/or dangerous comments on Twitter and 2channel. And it comes on the same day as her Hustle Press gravure feature, which is also garnering a fair amount of comment.

I know not so many people are interested in hearing about Memi now. But I think people will thank me in the future, when everyone finally realizes how interesting, strong and real she is and wants to know more about her. At least, that's my opinion. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment