2017-01-22

Kakizaki Memi blog: With Hirate Yurina. Plus handshake reports

With Hirate-san ♥ 

Kakizaki Memi
2017.01.22


Good evening.
It's Kakizaki Memi.

Yesterday and today were the handshake events at Makihara!

At yesterday's national handshake event
I was together in a lane with Hirate-san ♪ヽ(´▽`)/

The guests were almost all people I had never met before.
It was so much fun!

I was thrilled that this handshake event let so many people get to know me (*´-`)


Hirate-san is really nice!!
I love her!!!

We promised to go to Disney together sometime. (о´∀`о)


I want to go soon ~!!

[with Iguchi Mao]


And then today was the individual handshake event!
I wore a blue knit dress ~



On my head I put a hairband I like, with stars on it!



If I put it down low, it's like Sailor Moon (lol).


It made me happy that many people said
I had become a good dancer ~(。-_-。)♪

I'll keep working hard!!


Today was Kumii's birthday!


She was like a princess ♥

Happy Birthday!
And best wishes on turning 21 (*´ω`*)


Both today and yesterday, I had a lot of fun!
Thank you very much <(_ _*)>


Bye-bye

Kakizaki Memi

posted 2017/01/23  01:43
___________________________________________________________________________ 

Yurina is only six months older than Memi. They're in the same grade at school. I can see Memi gradually becoming more and more at ease with her new life and, as she once said of herself, enjoying the attention. All the Hiraganas say that she may look young, but she acts like an adult.  However, going to "Disney" (one of the two Disney theme parks near Tokyo: Disneyland or DisneySea) is still a big deal for her.


Memi's smile in the photo with Yurina makes her look so pleased. But as handshake guests said about the weekend, she has a calmness about her. Here are a number of quotes from first-person reports:

@mitsuki114:
Kakizaki Memi-san seemed more adult than I expected. There was a calm feeling about her. Is she really 15? That was my first impression....  In my nervousness and surprise, my words stayed blocked up inside me. But at the end, she said: "Please come again (smiling)" and my soul left me....

Torankiiro:
Second session report.
Torankiiro: "So this is my last time around for today."
Memi: "Aww..."
Torankiiro: So please flirt with me."
Memi: "...I love you ♥"
Oh, man. I died.

@mitsuki114: 
The other members all say that Kakizaki-san is very together. And she was the head of the art club at her school. Somehow, I could imagine it: sitting in a classroom reading, but not because she had no friends. People talking to her and her smiling as she replied. That kind of feeling.

@NERU0904TOMO
first pass-through
Tomo: Good work.
Memi: Thank you.
Tomo: (showing her a polaroid from Memi's UTB session) I got this last week. Do you remember?
Memi: Of course I remember! And you wrote a letter, too, didn't you?
Tomo: What? You remember that? (I was so happy.)

@NERU0904TOMO
second pass-through
Tomo: I'm really happy you remember my fanletter!!!
Memi: I remember it! What was it: was it writing practice? Pen-kanji??
Tomo: Eh? You really do remember 😭 I'll be back~!
I was so happy I felt like crying....
[the address from the fanletter]
ginsanKEYAKI
Yesterday I saw Techi and Memi shaking hands, testing what pressure to use, and giggling together. They were so cute.

2channel:
I went through Hirate and Kakizaki's line twice. Kakizaki-san gave a godly reception. I just rode away on her calm eyes. That one handshake was as good as the time I spent 20 minutes holding the hand of a 20-year-old hostess in Gotanda who looked like Paruru (i.e., Shimazaki Haruka of AKB)

2channel:
Memi-chan will never become a handshake monster, but it's good to include her.

2channel:
As for Memi-chan really welcoming people's support, I was relieved that she seemed basically shy.
First time through, she gave a godly reception.
Second time through she seemed a bit tired.

nogiushinati:
Just as I was about to reach them, they took a brief rest. The way Memi waved to me then was just so damn cute.

ngk_FukagawaMai:
With my wife.
Wife: "We're husband and wife."
Kaki: (jumping up and down) Ehh...really!?
Hirate: (watching us all the way out) Please come again.
The contrasting appeal of the middle-school combo.

Hikaru:
Hikaru: You can call me Hikaru!
Kakizaki: Hikaru... I'm Kakizaki Memi.
Hikaru: Bye-bye
Kakizaki: Bye-bye.

guest: The outfit you wore last time was really cute!
Kakizaki: Really? Thank you. Come again, eh?
guest: I'll come again.
She was small and cute.

10millionbariki:
First impression of Memi-chan: a talking doll.

Looking over at Hirate-chan and Kakizaki-san from the next lane, the feeling of transparency was amazing.

I was in Akanen's lane and when I peeked over at Kakizaki-san in the next lane, she gave a little wave. My smile in return really made her smile.

For Hirate-chan and Kakizaki-san...I just couldn't get my words out.

In the Hirate-Kakizaki lane, right now at 2:18, the line is all female and folds back on itself three times.

Kakizaki: Cuter than a doll.

Memi-chan waved at me. I almost died.

ryo2tan:
Lane 10: Hirate Yurina-Kakizaki Memi. I went to this lane first. Memi-chan was pale and slim and her face was small. She really was like a doll. Tecchan's eyes just captivated me! She really does have an aura.

deyansu191:
I shook hands with Kakizaki Memi-chan first. Her round eyes drew me deep into their pitch-darkness.

pppp1010:
The line for Hirate Yurina and Kakizaki Memi folded back on itself nine times.

isori_standard:
There were staff there giving the Techi-Memi lane a kind of divine protection. Their continuous vigilance was like the way some restaurants keep your bowl of noodles constantly refilled. Amazing work.

Yucca_Summer8:
Seen close up, Kakizaki Memi-tan's ears were huge lololol (from the next lane)

I waited 3 hours in line to get in to the building. It was cold. Then I went to Hirate Yurina-chan and Kakizaki Memi-chan's lane. Memi-chan's face was tiny, and Hirate-chan's white skin was very beautiful. They both had a soft handshake and their voices were really cute. Extremely cute...

OrikawaAkio:
Memi-chan was so cute that my memory (of what he was going to say) just flew away.

2channel:
Putting Techi and Memi together would definitely draw a crowd.

2channel:
I came to meet Kakizaki Memi, but I was done in by Hirate Yurina

2channelx4:
Hirate-chan's lane has stopped. The lane has gotten tremendously long.
I look forward to seeing how Memi does in the final stages. She seems as if she has guts.
The lane would be huge no matter who Techi was paired with.
Unfortunately, Memi isn't that popular in handshake.

2channelx2: (about Katou Shiho)
Katoshi's handshake is amazing.
Is Katoshi somehow becoming like a French doll? That's the impression I got, live.
She really does look like a doll.
She grasps the otakus' arm and brings her face so close to them that they jump backward.

re Ushio Sarina:
She's cute. And the way she treats you gets an A.

re Memi:
Kakizaki Memi-chan has a good memory...

ynmwa0805 (sakamomda):
Kakizaki Memi: How do you do.
Saka: How do you do. I came today to meet Memi-chan.
Kakizaki Memi: Thank you very much!
Saka: But this lane has become amazing. I'll get a ticket for the individual event next time.
Kakizaki Memi: Yes, it's amazing, truly (laughs)! Thank you. See you again.

Kakizaki Memi-san's handshake was more assertive than I expected, almost aggressive.

199574180Dm71:
I'm through lane ten! Memi remembered me! It was great that Techi seemed happy and healthy.

The news is that Kakizaki Memi-san's handshake is more wonderful than I expected.

Memi-chan has broken through the barrier!
____________________________________________

Note that the post was written on Sunday night but posted on Monday. In the original, it is dated Monday in the title, but the Monday date is confusing when she talks about "today" and "yesterday" (by which she means Sunday and Saturday). The date at the end of the post is when it was finally posted by staff.  I think that from now on I'll try to make the title date the day the post were written --  if I can tell -- even though that can be different from the date at the head of the original Japanese post.

6 comments:

  1. I am never not creeped out by firsthand handshake reports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't sweat the dates, anyone who reads this is likely aware that blog posts are generally a day late and a dollar short after staff-san gets done with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Unknown -- I get the "creeped out" but only a couple of them gave me a funny feeling (the one about the hostess). I respect and enjoy the guests' feelings. And this is in fact the heart of the 46/48 groups' success.... I did notice that the more creepy ones came from 2channel rather than twitter.

    @Grendal -- Thanks for that. It's a relief. I was just put off by the discrepancy between "yesterday/today" and the stated date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was that "hostess" one in particular. Perhaps I should have differentiated between them. Not all of them are bad.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for writing this! It's good to read how some people's handshakes go. I think I would die if I went to their lane lol I really want to see Techi but if I can go one day I would like to meet every member :)

    The things fans said about them was so nice and sweet. It made me smile with the parts about Techi. Some of these reports made me like Memi more ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a nice selection of reports from guests at Shida Manaka's lane on Sunday (and before) here: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/shida-manaka-1st-generation.12804/page-11#post-1273959

    ReplyDelete