2017-01-25

Kakizaki Memi blog post: adult celery decision

Celery

Kakizaki Memi
2017.01.24


Good evening.
It's Kakizaki Memi.


A while ago, I was just eating salad without paying much attention
When I suddenly realized there was celery in it!

!!(゜ロ゜ノ)ノ

I don't like celery ~(._.)

...what??

Does that mean that when I've been eating salad before,
I've been overcoming my dislike of celery?!


Hooray ~~♪ヽ(´▽`)/


Next time, I'll just try to overcome my dislike! (lol)


Bye-bye

-- Kakizaki Memi

posted 2017/01/24  23:58
__________________________

All the Hiraganas who make any comment about Memi say how adult she is. This post may give us a little hint of that in the apparently objective way she sees her eating preferences. And in showing a bit of ironic humour about herself. 

Here is another food photo from Higashimura Mei's blog. They apparently went out together to eat sweets at a cafe. There they are with inelegant fork-fulls of something called "chocolate honey butter bread."


After three fairly unflattering photos, here is one from an upcoming Hiragana photo feature in "Big One Girls" magazine. To some, Memi may seem to be keeping alive Keyakizaka46's reputation of being "unsmiling idols." But I see the smile.


The thing that makes Memi's smile stand out here is its elegant restraint and lack of push. Others have to try, Memi just lets things happen. I think that is part of what management saw when it decided to take her on. I remember how impressed I was in the Showtime auditions with the lack of panic she showed. 

She calmly peered (bad eyesight, lol) into the screen, reading the comments and deciding which ones to respond to. No rush. Long silences. But in contact with the viewers at all times. Born for the job. The only time we saw her upset and apologetic was when the connection kept going bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment