2017-01-23

Sugai Yuuka blog post on becoming captain

Please treat me well!

Sugai Yuuka
2017.01.23


Good evening ☆

I'm sorry for taking so long
To talk about this in my blog.
I, Sugai Yuuka, have now received appointment
As Keyakizaka46's captain.
And Moriya Akane has been appointed vice-captain.

It was a surprise announcement at the national handshake event the day before yesterday,
And I was very surprised!

As an older member, I am grateful for
The many chances I have gotten up to now:
To lead the shout in the pre-performance circle,
To be a representative to the media,
And to have responsibility for being MC at lives.

When it came to things that required desperate efforts to handle,
Before I joined Keyakizaka I was the type of person who always followed behind others.

I was completely unfamiliar with this kind of thing.

"Is this really okay for someone like me...?"
It's pitiful that it was always at times like these
That such thoughts rushed in on me
And I felt unsure (><)

But I won't be hesitant any more!

Having received the appointment as captain
I will trust in the members
And in my own strength!


The day before yesterday, at the Captain and Vice-Captain Investment Ceremony
We announced that we would go forward treating these three things as of special importance:
  • to be a group with outstanding teamwork
  • to be a group that, in a good sense, does not change
  • to be a group in which each individual shines
With the words "humility, kindness, the bonds among us -- shine, Keyakizaka46"
In our hearts, we will do our very best
To lead the group in a good direction.

Despite my awkwardness, and although I do not have a nimble tongue,
I will work my absolute hardest!
From here forward, please treat me well.


A few days ago, I was able to take a photo with Sakurai Reika-san!!


I want to become a terrific captain like Sakurai-san!
She is so pretty, and she can do anything. I really admire her!!


Having Akanen there as vice-captain
Is so reassuring!

From now on, we will have lots of discussions
And will work together as we go forward!

I will end up depending on you from time to time,
But please treat me well, Akanen \♥︎/


Please continue to look forward to what Keyakizaka46 will do from now on!!

And so, until next time ♪

-- Yukkaa

 posted 2017/01/24 01:10
____________________________________________________

Who would not want to follow someone like this? She is serious, modest, intelligent, courteous, hard-working, and considerate of others. And she has "Sergeant" Akanen to make the intense demands that will sometimes be necessary. 

I hope and trust that they will consult with Sakurai-san who, by the way, is listed as 156 cm tall (5'1"), while Yukka is listed as 163cm (5'4"). Yukka seems to tower over her in that photo. Maybe she's wearing boots with heels.

The Japanese expression yoroshiku onegai shimasu  is wonderful, but so hard to translate. It literally means "please [treat me] well." It's what you say when you are about to work together with someone, and versions of it can also be used to welcome someone to do something or to come to an event. 

I translate it different ways in different contexts. I welcome suggestions for how to do that best. 

The first photo was not in the original blog post

2 comments:

  1. So sweetTTT



    thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her captaincy seems a good, natural choice. She'll be a good face for the group and a good mind.

    It took for Kouhaku and the joint episode of Nogichuu for me to understand just how tall (as a whole) Keyakizaka were. They just seemed to tower above Nogizaka. Even someone like Neru seemed to dwarf them. Reika looks so tiny in that pic.

    ReplyDelete