2017-01-21

Kakizaki Memi blog post: "I'll be with Hirate-san at the handshake event"

Chance ✩*。

Kakizaki Memi
2017.01.21

Good evening.
It's Kakizaki Memi.

Tomorrow is a national handshake event!
And it's at Makihara ~(о´∀`о)

For my handshake lane...
I'll be with Hirate Yurina-san!!!

That makes me nervous for a number of reasons,
But I think it will be a chance to have a lot of people get to know me. I'll do my very best! o(`^´*)

I'd also like to become closer with Hirate-san (*n´ω`n*)♡

Please treat me well tomorrow!




 Bye-bye.
Kakizaki Memi

2017/01/21  15:33
___________________________________________________________________

This was evidently written Friday night, but not put online (by staff?) until Saturday afternoon, during the handshake event at Makihara Messe, in Chiba (very near Tokyo). I wonder if the new managers advertised for late last year are doing some of the blog-checking -- and not doing it too well; misprints have gotten through recently on both Memi's and Katoshi's blogs. Of course both of them probably made the misprints in the first place, lol.

Anyway, it's now the middle of the night on Saturday and the "national" handshake event is over, with the "individual" handshake event to come on Sunday. Hirate and Memi's lane 10 appears to have been the most crowded of all on Saturday. No doubt that's mainly due to Hirate's popularity, but hers is not always the most crowded lane, so I think Memi is beginning to attract some attention. In any case, just as she writes, being with the popular Hirate is a great chance to get seen by more people.

Reports of meeting Memi are filled with the word "kawaii." Several tweeters compare her to a doll. One person wrote that she was like a talking doll. Another said she was small and thin and white. Reports of interactions don't portray her as shy or retiring. One person wrote that she was more positive than he expected, even "aggressive."

I like this photo for the tiny hints of fangs. I'm sticking with her chuunibyou identification with vampires.

Of course the big news from lane 10 is that Hirate seemed happy and healthy, with no sign of how run-down she appeared around Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment