2018-04-14

Kakizaki Memi blog: Magazine feature with 2gens

Youth

Kakizaki Memi
2018.04.13


Good evening,
It's Kakizaki Memi.

I'm always thinking I'd love to go to the ocean.
I dreamed that at the ocean I gathered sea-slugs.

In my dream, I could do anything I thought of.

It was fun (^-^)






In the Weekly Shounen Magazine that came out on April 11,
Myself, Toshi-chan, Kyonko, Mii-Pan, Nao-chan and Miho -- the six of us -- got the cover and a leading feature


Miho, Toshi, Mii-Pan, Kyonko, Memi, Nao


It was the first time I'd done a photo-shoot with a group including some 2gens. It was really fun





I really like the youthful feeling in this photo

Weekly Shounen Magazine #19
Please be sure to check it out





Very poor wink

Bye-bye

Kakizaki Memi
___________________________________________________
posted 180414  01:34h

Those six people in the Shounen mag feature could end up being the front line for a song, it seems to me: four 1gens and two 2gens. Here's the front cover of that magazine, plus one of the pics:










I just can't help getting the feeling that Memi has suddenly really become an idol, committing herself and growing into more control of who she can be. There's a Keyaki news post with a long string of comments saying she has suddenly become cuter. I agree with the posts saying she was cute all along. But there is definitely a difference in confidence and presence and humour and ability to communicate easily. Maybe it's just age and experience. Or maybe it's stimulated by the arrival of 2gen competition...?

From Manafi's blog:


They look like a comedy team. Maybe Memi is learning from Audrey. One comment said that she and Kasuga worked together well. One poster made a crop of Memi alone. 



Check out my translation of an interview with Memi, Mao and Mii-Pan about Budoukan. It's my blog post before this one. The biggest news for me is that Memi wants to graduate from glomming on to people and bothering them all the time. I wonder.

One comment in that news post says she has blossomed because of her love for Techi. Lol. Nice idea.



Kabe-donnnnn. When Hirate cut her hair short, Memi says she called her "handsome" (ikemen), and Techi reacted by pushing her up against a wall in a kabe-don. The words in @SUIKACANG46's drawing are "ikemen" and "really?"

Gathering sea-slugs sounds like a weird idea, but they can actually be quite beautiful.  In Japanese, they are 海牛 umi-ushi "sea-oxen."  But they are also like slugs: snails without shells.



I don't see any mention of them being eaten. Does anyone know?

No comments:

Post a Comment