2017-12-15

Nagahama Neru blog: Nagasaki book-signing. New photo from the photobook.

Notebook,  252

Nagahama Neru
2017.12.15


Good evening!

Announcement:
There will be a book-signing in Nagasaki on January 10th!!

I am truly happy
That I will be able to talk directly to people in Nagasaki
And hand them a copy of the photo collection!!


It will be at Metro Books in Amu Plaza Nagasaki
on 10 January (Wednesday) starting at 6pm!

http://www.metrobooks.co.jp/mbs/event/metro3330.mtr

The link provides details.
I am really, really looking forward to it!


For those who will be coming to the book-signing on the 19th:
I signed those books yesterday!!

I put all my affection into every book!
May they get into everyone's hands safely...

I'm really excited, eh.




on sale now:
anan magazine
TV Station magazine
Monthly TVnavi magazine
Friday


In anan
Keyakizaka46 appears in the "get warm" issue.
Fluffy!



In TV Station,
Rika and I talk together!


In TVnavi
I had some fun and funny pictures taken with Navi-kun!




In Friday
I've been given the cover.

It also has new cuts from the photo collection in it.


In fact, 20 pages more than we expected before the photo-session
Have been added to the book, making it 160 pages.
It's become a great, thick book now.
Isn't that just.all.right! ( ◜࿀◝ )



And there's more!!
Tomorrow, the 16th, at 1pm
On Radio Nippon's
Billboard Japan Hot100 Countdown
I will make a bit of an appearance!

Please be sure to listen!


Thank you for always reading!

4 days until the photo collection goes on sale

Nagahama Neru
___________________________________________________
2017.12.15  14:38h

Book-signings in Japan are apparently a little different than I'm familiar with in the West, at least for idols. They are called "hand-over meetings" (watashi-kai). Instead of buying a book and bringing it up to be signed, you pay to get into the line-up and get a few seconds with the subject as she hands over a previously-signed copy of the book. I believe some people at Neru's signing next week inTokyo will get the special privilege of having their books signed in front of them.

The radio show, which should start in an hour or so, will count down the top 100 hits of the year, over 3-1/2 hours. Neru will apparently co-host a bit of the show. Show home page.

And if you weren't already excited about the book, perhaps this preview photo from Friday magazine will cause some over-excitement. "A single bathtowel" seems to be the key word in reports.


There are some stimulating photos from the book that I haven't posted. This is one that is both stimulating and somewhat more modest. Maybe. Maybe I'm just getting used to her like this. For someone who claims she stiffened up when people started taking photos of her, this sure doesn't look like it. Neru is quite present in so many of the photos we've seen.

The part I've translated "Isn't that just.all.right?" is my attempt to convey in a North American cadence what I think this bit of Nagasaki dialect may mean:  やけん、大丈夫ばい   Anyone actually know?

When I go back and look at some of Neru's pre-Keyakizaka photos, I really get the feeling of the same same person who is now reaching this point. Yes, she's basically good-looking, but her spirit, smarts, and soft determination hare allowing her to turn herself into a national idol We'll see how sales go.

I wonder what the increase in pages means. That's 160 pages of pictures for under US$18. Do they think they need to push sales to sell the 120,000  copies that have been printed? Or are they thinking that this is taking off, and they can go much further? I believe I read that the record for a 46group book is 180,000 copies of a book of Shiraishi Mai.

No comments:

Post a Comment