2017-08-31

Nagahama Neru blog: Thanks, failings, and rededication

Morning Glory,  230

Nagahama Neru
2017.08.31


Good evening.

Yesterday
Our national tour "Masshiro na Mono ha Yogoshitakunaru"
Came to an end.

Wow...
Summer will soon be over.


This summer was very long.
But rather than "So sudden!" or "A feeling of accomplishment!"
What I'm feeling is: "What happened over the past month?"

Day after day passed in a bewildering frenzy.



I don't want to make a judgement based only on what's visible.
I want to look right down into the depths, at the essence of things.


However
We couldn't share the entire burden together...
It was difficult!


Continuing to come face to face with performances,
Struggling in agony to do both school and work,
Tormented by responsibility and heavy pressure,

All 32 members fought with their own burdens.






At the final performance, we got a double encore,
And did Fukyouwaon.

Everyone had ashes scattered over them.



Watching everyone's backs as they walked away when everything was over,
They were covered in ashes and sweat and relief,
So impressive in their strength and courage.

That's what their backs were like.
Thank you, everyone.




With everyone in Kanji Keyaki
Studying the lyrics together to understand them
And for each of us to be able to express their world...
But I loved it when we were all in sync as a whole.



With everyone in Hiragana Keyaki,
Discussing together before every performance,
Thinking above all of how to give enjoyment
To the people watching,
I loved how we sincerely came to grips with what we would present.



I felt keenly how inadequate I was
And decided to devote the year to polishing my performance.




People said it was cool when they saw me secretly practicing,
Without telling anybody.
But since I'm still not that good
I have to say to everyone: "Let's do our best."


As for myself, I want to make this a year of starting again.




In the moment when I step on stage
I feel happiness and pleasure from the bottom of my heart.

I was so glad to be able to directly share those feelings.




For the national tour, I really want to thank very much
Those who came to see all 11 performances around the country.

There were many times when we were lacking as professionals.
It was very poor. I'm truly sorry.




I definitely want us to become a group in which
We have no regrets over what people see on the day.

When the circumstances are not the best, I want to do much more.



If it's okay, please continue to treat us well from now on.



[Habu Mizuho, Ishimori Nijika, Neru]



Covered in ashes:





Shii-chan and Mii-chan and Oze-chan
Each only had only a single bit of ash on their outfits.





YuzuMiko




August is coming to an end,
My own theme-song for the month has been
Hirai Ken's Non-fiction!

Those lyrics have helped me many times.



Thank you very much for reading.

Nagahama Neru

____________________________________________________________________ posted 170831  14:59h



One Japanese poster called Neru the MVP of the tour. She worked hard, as a member of Kanji Keyaki, as a centre with Hiragana Keyaki, and as a soloist, singing Wait 100 Years from her gondola, floating above the audience, held aloft by big balloons:



Wonderful to see Neru and Techi together again. Yuzuki and Miko were their names in the unfortunately rather forgettable summer drama, Zankoku na Kankyutachi.

I wonder what exactly Neru was thinking of when she said the Keyakizakas were lacking as professionals. Was it just her or their mistakes? Was it something else? Was it even Hirate, who out of exhaustion or something else was unable to perform at certain times, and performed listlessly at others...until she recovered for the later performances. Was it Neru, the group or management? Was it all of the above?

Here's my version of the lyrics to Hirai Ken's  Non-fiction. There is a lot there to think about:

Most of the dreams we have don't come true.
Feeling jealous of superior people, I come to hate myself.

There are nights when I feel as if I’m being crushed in my light sleep.
Kind people around me sharpen their fangs in the shadows.

Like turning off a TV I was watching out of habit
I sometimes want to stop living.

Is life only pain? Is success everything?
I just want to see you again.

It's okay if it's shabby...it's okay if it's smeared with desire,
I want to know the real you

Laughter rises and fades on the cloudy path I walk alone.
I just want to see you again.

Whose fault is it that the days do not go according to the written plot?
I'm just sitting on a bench watching the fierce battle.

Holding in my hands a flame that is about to go out,
I am not giving up on life.

Is life a tragedy? Is success something lonely?
I just want to see you again.

It's okay if it isn't proper... It's okay even if it's worthless.
I want to know the real you.

The keys that jingle at the bottom of my bag. The caw of a crow calling to its friends.
I just want to see you again.

What am I living for? For whom can I live on?
I just want to see you again.

Do you resent life? Do you hate sadness?
I want to know the real you.

Secret tears, solitary rain, the uneasiness that I wake up to.
I just want to see you again.

The lies I want to believe, the medicine that doesn’t work,  the goodbye that I can't take back.

Scream... Scream... Scream...
I just want to see you again.




Neru likes complex, adult songs full of angst and art. Is there a person she wants to see? Is it Techi? Or is it just having to deal with not being the best that is getting her down? Is there any solution in this song, or is it just good to know others have the same feelings?

Here are the lyrics in three forms: kanji, romaji and translation. And here's a video.

The titles of Neru's posts aren't usually meaningful, but the Japanese morning glory -- the asagao or "morning face" -- is a symbol of evanescence, of beauty that doesn't last.

No comments:

Post a Comment