2017-02-21

Katou Shiho 19th birthday festival

Katou Shiho of Hiragana Keyaki turned 19 on February 2nd. Her birthday celebration was held at the handshake event last Saturday.

The decorations were on the theme of Harry Potter, which she apparently loves. There were flowers and balloons and a well-printed book. Her friend Kakizaki Memi read out a letter to her.

And there was a big surprise: a letter from Akimoto Manatsu of Nogizaka46. Katoshi and Nagasawa Nanako had created a "Keyakizaka46 Akimoto Manatsu Respect Corps."

After some pictures and descriptions of the birthday event,  I'll report a bit of the praise that guests give to Katoshi's handshake sessions.

Because of the friendly reception she gives guests, and also because of her beauty, Katoshi has become very popular, perhaps the most popular Hiragana member after Neru.

In her blog, Katoshi says that as soon as she reached her handshake lane, she saw Harry Potter photos and just couldn't stop grinning. Music from the films was playing.


Here's a glimpse of her lane, with a decor of fake rock walls:


Here's the table with books, etc:

 The event book:




The event card:



Katoshi said later that recently she has been eager to get a Slytherin robe, lol.

Kakizaki Memi both read a letter and presented a bouquet of flowers to her:

To Shiho --

Happy Birthday!


When I first saw Shiho, I thought: I can never become friends with this person.

But I had talked to you a bit, and realized that you were a kind and cheerful person with a frail-seeming manner and a pure heart, and we became close.

More than that, when you wrote in your blog that you wanted to be with me -- even though I never said it -- I was very happy.

When Shiho is beside me, even not saying a word, I can never be sad. I always want to be with you.
Let's go out to eat and do things.

And even though I am just in third-year middle school and not very reliable, whenever you have worries, talk to me, okay?

Let's work hard together from now on. I love you.

-- from Memi

In her blog about the birthday event, Katoshi posted photos of eight flower displays she received:



After that letter, there was a surprise letter from Akimoto Manatsu of Nogizaka46. Katoshi likes her so much that she and Nagasawa Nanako started a "Keyakizaka46 Akimoto Manatsu Respect Corps."

To Shiho-chan --

It's Akimoto Manatsu of Nogizaka46. 
I'll say it formally: congratulations on your Birthday!
Have you gotten used to the activities involved in being an idol?

I was so happy to hear that Shiho said she liked someone like me.
Shiho-chan is the "beautiful woman" type of idol. I'm the "mascot character" type. For someone of such a different type to say she liked me was a surprise.
But really, thank you. For all your trouble, Shiho-chan and Nanako-chan and I should meet for a meal.
We're in different groups, but both are Sakamichi groups, and if you have any problems, let me help. I'll support you from the shadows.

And finally, my "Akimoto Manatsu 1st Photobook" is being published.
It has ended up being crammed full of all kinds of shots, showing every aspect of Akimoto Manatsu. If it's okay, I'd be grateful if the genial fans of Keyakizaka46 somehow picked it up. 
And in fact, as a birthday present for Shiho-chan, I'm giving her a signed copy of the photo-book.
I apologize for just going ahead and making this announcement.

To everyone gathered for the handshake event, as well as to Shiho-chan, I hope you have an enjoyable day.

-- from Akimoto Manatsu of Nogizaka46

After the letters, Katoshi made a little speech of thanks, but no-one heard the words, because she was crying all the way through it.



Handshake guests say that Katoshi is a wonderful handshake host. She talks easily and informally, just as she did during her auditions on Showroom last April. She was entrancingly relaxed and friendly in those conversations with future fans.

One handshake guest said he wasn't used to being flirted with in a handshake event. Another said that made her more like some AKB idols than a 46 group idol. Another said she was a great handshake host like Manatan. here's one exchange:

Shiho: Those...those!!! (Pointing at the flowers I had sent.) Thank you for the flowers.
me: Ah...yes...? It's the first time I've tried sending flowers.
Shiho: Ah!! They made me really happy. Thank you, eh.
Shiho: And then there was that (suddenly thinking of it),
me: What?
Shiho: The scarf.
me: Ah, it got there? Great. 

-- next visit --

me: But the weather's warming up. Will you be able to use it?
Shiho: Ehh? I'll use it a lot, at school and so on.
me: That's great (smiling). Was white okay?
Shiho: All I have is black, so I'm very happy.
-- peeler steps in --
me: Really? (smiling) Use it a lot, okay. (^^)/
Shiho: (^^)/

He was thrilled that she remembered him and was able to associate his name with the flowers and the gift. The "peeler" is the staff guy who ends each conversation after its allotted few seconds are up, metaphorically "peeling" the handshake apart. Here's another conversation:

me: Lately you've been updating your blog a lot.
Shiho: That's true. I've been working hard at it!!
me: You must be working hard to update it in the morning so the post will appear on the same day.
Shiho: Ehh? That' true!! I'm working hard (smiling). First I send it, and then it's updated...
-- peeler --
me: I really look forward to it.
Shiho: Okay. Wait for it. (^^)/

and one more:

me: I leave Kakizaki Memi to you.
Shiho: What? Oh!! (looking at the photos of Neru, etc., hanging around my neck) A Polaroid of Memi!!! You won it! Outstanding!!! But I've got a Polaroid of Memi, too!! (with a self-satisfied look)
Katou Shiho's the best, lol.

Shiho with a death-grip on Kakizaki Memi
Shiho, showing the beautiful smile that is in the process of being straightened

No comments:

Post a Comment