2016-09-05

Neru's moving letter to the members of Hiragana Keyaki

On Keyakitte, Kakenai? Sunday night, Neru read a letter she had prepared for the members of Hiragana Keyaki. She apologized for not having an open enough heart. Some of them wept.

Up to now, I think it has all been fun for the Hiraganas: being chosen, getting to know each other, learning to sing and dance, getting a song on a CD within three months of getting in. But now they get a taste of the bitterness that comes with being an idol, the kind of thing they saw in Kanashimi no Wasurekata, the film about Nogizaka46 they were shown in their orientation. The depth of Neru's feelings, the directness with which she expresses them. This is part of the truth of Keyakizaka46: 


First, the number one thing that I want to say
Is that, from my heart, I have been waiting for you for a long time.
No matter what work we did, when the members introduced themselves,
At the end I said: "And I am Nagahama Neru of Hiragana Keyaki."
That gave me a very sad and lonely feeling.





I was so happy when you all joined.
It encouraged me that finally we had become a team.
But on the other hand, since I was in Kanji Keyaki as well,
I couldn't take part in your lessons.



Coming to you late like this, when you have all become close together,
Makes me feel quite uneasy.
You have all made me feel welcome, and communicated your wish that we become friends.
But somehow there is still the me who finds it hard to open her heart.
For that, I am deeply sorry.
 

When you call out to me "Neru-chan"
It makes me so happy.
Really, thank you very much.
I really want to know you all better and better.
Not as a senior,
Not just playing around as friends,
But as fellow members slowly and securely building
An important relationship of trust.
Talking together, taking lots of photos,
Going out to eat together again.
From now on, please be good to me.

-- Nagahama Neru

No comments:

Post a Comment