2016-09-10

Neru visits her home in the Goto Islands

From Neru's blog: 
___________________________________

So I'm very happy

2016.09.10


Good evening~
I'm very sorry this blog update is so late!!

A few days ago, I made a very quick visit home ( ⸝⸝•。•⸝⸝ )
I'll introduce the wonderful scenery of the Goto Islands to everyone
(Neruson Cameraman)






[notes: Neru spent the first part of her life on one of the Goto Islands, 100km from Nagasaki. She moved to Nagasaki itself sometime in elementary school, supposedly because her father is a teacher and got a teaching position there. "Neruson" (Nelson) is a nickname from her high school days.]


I'm sending these pictures to you unedited.
The colour of these scenes....
Seeing them in real life is many times more beautiful!
Ahhh! I love them  ( ;_; )♡

Just seeing the ocean
Does a reset on my heart.

And the people are so warm, so warm.
I feel very calm now,
And ready to work hard again.


//Announcements//

◯ Gravure the Television

Hirate and Sugai and I were each given photo features.
The clothes were cute and the photo session in a public baths was a lot of fun!
Please be sure to look at it ( ◜︎◡︎◝︎ )


◯ Hustle Press

I was given a black dress different from my usual image.
I'm really loving black these days!!
And if you like, please take a look at the extra.



Thank you for reading my blog.
And good work again this week (´。・_・。`)

Nagahama Neru
____________________________

For more pictures from both sessions, check out keyakizakamatome.tumblr.com here, here, and here.

The Goto Islands (red outlines) are in Nagasaki Prefecture, but 100km offshore from Nagasaki city, about 1.5hr by hydrofoil ferry:


Neru has said: "I came from the Goto Islands. We were all close friends there. It was a life of fishing, climbing trees, secret bases...." She has contrasted that life with being cast as an outsider when she went to the city, and having to work hard -- and not always successfully -- to fit in and be accepted and not bullied.

No comments:

Post a Comment