2016-09-17

Naa-ko visits a holy site from the anime film Kimi no Na wa

Shinkai Makoto's romantic science fiction anime film, Kimi no Na wa, has been #1 at the box office for three weekends in a row, has earned over $60 million and seems likely to break $100 million.

And Nagasawa Nanako is proving once again that she is truly an otaku by making a visit to a holy place of the film -- which is to say one of the locations used for the film's setting.

Here is her post for Sunday.
___________________________________________

To a holy place

2016.09.18
Nagasawa Nanako

Good eveningnaako (´ー`)
I made a pilgrimage to a holy site.

Ta-da!



Kimi no Na wa.  A place that became the film's stage.


I was always wanting to.
I was so glad I went ^o^



Kimi no Na wa! It makes me think of the film.

What I was listening to was RADWIMPS'  Sparkle.

There's a shrine nearby,
And I made a shrine visit, too.

It was just like in the film.
It amazed me to see it totally real.

Maybe I'll cosplay Mitsuha-chan
At a handshake event.

I'll have to get a red ribbon ready (*^▽^*)♡

Thank you for reading.

⊿Nagasawa Nanako
______________________________

When I was looking around for info about "pilgrimages to holy sites" of this film, many of the pieces from the more mainstream press were about how the visitors are disturbing residents in the area. This place is near a shrine called Suga shrine, in the Shinjuku area of central Tokyo, so not tremendously far from Sony headquarters and where the members probably live. I wondered if the expression on Naako's face was slight apprehension at possibly being recognized.

Personally, I think Shinkai Makoto, the director of the film is a genius: technically and spiritually. I think of his earlier masterpiece 5 Centimetres a Second as a visually brilliant animated film that feels realer than reality. To me, it was a religious (Buddhist) experience. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new film.

Now that Shinkai has figured out how to do faces, and has hired a top voice actress, he can reach the huge audience he deserves. Here's the film's home page (scroll down for a trailer).

No comments:

Post a Comment