2016-06-27

Neru tricks the fans with a faux bob

In her blog after Sunday's handshake event, Nagahama Neru says that in her first of three handshake sessions, she had her up in a way that made it look (to some people) like she had cut it short in a bob. It's called a "faux bob" in English, and a "just kidding" bob in Japanese.
________________________________

[....]

Just for people who came early, in the first session
I had my hair in a "just kidding" bob.

Shirt by Vivetta! Cuuute!


When anybody asked me if I'd cut my hair
I answered: "Yes!!"
Lots of people believed me.

Somehow, it ended up being pretty fun, lol.


I apologize for lying...

Here's what I looked like later in the day ヽ(*^ω^*)ノ


(Sorry for having my eyes shut again.)

Once again, today made me feel energetic
Thank you, as always -- really.

It's thanks to the fans
That I can be who I am today.
( ;  ; )

Okay, let's go for it 〜〜!

[....]
_____________________________________________

Neru's career is going pretty well right now: she popular with fans, she's in the senbatsu, she's helping train the Hiraganas, she keeps appearing in magazines.... No wonder she's feeling her oats and is willing to kid the fans a bit. Maybe we'll start seeing more and more of her natural whimsy. Like this off-shot from her UTB photo-session:




I loved Risa's story about the time when the other members were learning how to do the Silent Majority choreography, and Neru came to all their practices and even collated video clips of the bits where they were having problems, so they could work on them. 

Neru is smart, capable, funny, and helpful. She told us before that in school she didn't want the other girls to hate her, and worked hard to make them like her. Maybe this is the same, or maybe now it's just part of her character.

No comments:

Post a Comment