2018-05-31

Sasaki Mirei blog: Trying to come to terms with being centre

I just don't know

Sasaki Mirei
2018.05.31


Good evening ✩︎*॰ ( ¨̮ ) ॰*✩︎
It's Sasaki Mirei!!




The Kidaishiteinai Jibun MV came out yesterday. [note: the title means "unexpected self"]
Have you seen it??

This will be a bit long, but I'd be pleased if you read it.

As those who have seen the MV will know, my unexpected self is that I'm centre.



Somehow, even though I'm in the position called centre, I don't feel like Hiragana's centre. Maybe it's just that any of us can shine anywhere. I'm not saying it well. Maybe I mean it's okay for any of us to be anywhere.

Especially for the 1gens, almost all the girls have never been particular about position, and just accepted what came. That's true now, too.
And that's how I feel.

I've been in the second row up to now, but I've never thought about wanting to move forward. Just being a member of Hiragana Keyaki and taking part in our activities makes me happy.


When it was announced that I would be centre on Ima ni Miteiro, other members were just as happy as I was. That made me so happy. I'll never forget it.

I thought how nice everyone was. I was a proud to be a member.

That's the feeling now, too, and I love the members, who are giving me a lot of support.


This is an album, but I'm in the same position as for our most recent single, and on top of that it's the centre position.


I really don't know what to say.
Maybe I should just say, cheerfully as always, what I'm honestly thinking.

Even though I can be unexpectedly negative, and am easily hurt, I really hate showing negativity.

Of course, I think there are many people who will not be able to accept me as centre.
But it doesn't matter whether that bothers me or not. I have been given the responsibility of being centre, and I will do my absolute best.

Standing there in front of everyone, I have to do that even more now than I have so far.

In any case, I want to work as hard as I always do.

I lack skill in many things, but I will work hard on each of them.

I'll do my best.


I guess I'm getting a bit dark here. If you haven't watched the MV yet, please do.


Also,
Today, starting at 2pm, the fourth sales period for the album handshake events begins!!
It goes until June 1st at 2pm.

Please be sure to come and see me, everyone!

I'll be waiting for you ٩꒰ ´ᆺ`꒱۶


Bye-bee-bye

Sasaki Mirei
____________________________________________________________
posted 180531  12:08h

Maybe this is part of why they made her centre. She is just so straight and pure and humble: "Humility, kindness, bonds." She is starting the new Hiragana in the full original Keyakizaka spirit. She's someone whom every member can get behind.

And seeing the MV, we know that her skills are greater than she imagines. Maybe that's a message to all the members: you are better than you think.

Moreover, I believe Mirei is the member with the most experience as an idol. Beginning when she was 13, she was a prominent member of successful Kansai-area young-teen idol group choco☆milQ.

Here's a clip from when she was 14, four years ago: choco☆milQ's MV Pure Pure Chocolate.



Thanks to commenter "マリモ。marimo" for suggesting I translate this post. I may not translate many more of her posts, but I'll keep an eye on them and see.

My promised screencaps of Memi in the MV will be coming in a few hours. Thanks for waiting.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for posting this. She's calm and collective when she's talking. Even thought she said that she's not smart, but she handle things sensibly and potency.

    I think shes the center or leader when she's was in choco☆milQ.Not quite sure, maybe cuz her colour was red there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think she was basically the leader in choco☆milQ. And I actually think she isn't that smart, but she has so many other abilities that that doesn't affect her much. When Neru was first introducing her on KeyaKake, he said she could do anything, and was surprised when she said she wasn't smart. Maybe it proves that being smart isn't everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, basically.. its summarize it all. You don't need to be smart to be a good dancer, singer or or anything you want it to be that does use that much of thinking, right?

    shes even said in a magazine interview that she want to be a smart person.

    ReplyDelete