2018-05-31

Kakizaki Memi: Screencaps from the Kidaishiteinai Jibun MV

This has been a great week for Hiragana Keyaki. The three songs released to us so far are all of high quality, and the Kidaishiteinai Jibun MV is terrific.

But I find myself kind of depressed. For whatever reason, Memi is hardly visible in the MV. Some people couldn't even find her. Excellent as she is there, most of her scenes can be timed in milliseconds.

Well, I'm here to make up for that a bit with reams of screencaps. Have to make up for the blindness and stupidity of the makers of the MV, lol (that's a joke; I get it). For me, Memi is by far the loveliest and most interesting member of Hiragana Keyaki. But as often happens, I find myself in the minority. I think: beauty, grace, expressiveness, determination, calmness.

First, here she is from the final scenes.





Now back to early scenes, where we see her showing her graceful (but simple) rhythmic gymnastics. First, close up:




Then at a distance, showing the ribbon, and ending with a great leap that demonstrates her leg strength, and natural grace: 








Now close up again, with strong and serene expressions that might come from 19th century romantic paintings of oriental dance. I think this is like acting.







Then a scene dancing with Kumi and Hiyo-tan, who both have lots of ballet training. Memi's movements here are not as large or balletic, she stays within herself and remains graceful. I'm surprised to see her with two real dancers. Hiyo-tan, while she can dance so grandly, makes some choreography mistakes that Memi doesn't.





In the scene marching down the roadway, Memi is at the near end of the long second line, front left in the first two pics here. To me her movements seem sharp and in rhythm, and with little touches that the choreographer may or may not have instructed. In a way, everyone here seems to have a bit of her own style:





And that's it. However,   has posted a brief video on twitter including her various scenes, and here that is. It will probably be clearer on Twitter:



No comments:

Post a Comment