2017-12-19

Nagahama Neru blog: Photobook on sale today!

From here...  526

Nagahama Neru
2017.12.20


Good evening.

Today, the photo album went on sale.

From when the photography was done in July to today,
I've been excited the whole time.

Truly, truly
It is due to you that this day has become possible.



All of you, and all the people around me,
Have been warm and kind to me from their hearts....

It's a precious, precious volume.


The theme of the collection is "youth and eternity."

No matter what age people are, and no matter how much time has gone by,
I hope the book will make them think: "This is nice."
That's the kind of collection I have wanted to make.

I have packed it with feelings like this.

I hope you will go through it at leisure,
And look at it all, every bit of it.




Joking around.



Today was the book-signing!

For coming from all over
At a busy time on a work day,

Truly, thank you very much


To be able to hand you the book in person
Gave me the real sense that it was going to be seen by everyone.
And I felt a tickle of happiness.



"From here" I will do my best.

Thank you so much for reading.

Nagahama Neru
_____________________________________________________________
written evening 171219, posted 171220  03:02h


"From here" (ここから koko kara) is the title of Neru's photo collection.

I thought we might have seen the most extreme of the photos in the book ahead of time. But not so. Some much more braver photos are now coming out. I apologize for not feeling comfortable posting some of them. You can see those here.

Not that I see anything wrong in them. They just go a bit further than I expected -- while still not really going "too far." The one that is garnering the most attention shows her at an outdoor hot spring pool, stretching a towel across to block our view of her, but lit from behind. And turning her head to look at the camera with an amazing delighted smile.

Neru has appeared on the main Japanese morning shows two mornings in a row. And she will appear soon on the Akashiya Sanma year-end talk special, where she appears to have a place in the front row, amidst a bevy of top stars, especially famous comedians. 

There are pics from the morning shows, etc., here and here

I can't imagine that Neru could get less than about 5 percent of gross sales. That would mean just under a dollar per volume. If they sold even 100K of the 120K copies they have printed, it would mean the equivalent of around US$90,000 for Neru. That makes me happy. Such a smart and determined tanuki.

And in a move that is both surprising and somewhat suggestive (in another sense from the pictures, lol), the main-page icon for the Keyaki no Kiseki game has been changed from Techi to Neru. 

From this:

 To this:

No comments:

Post a Comment