2017-08-18

Nagahama Neru blog: I want to show Keyaki lyrics to my middle-school self

Kuzuyu,  227

Nagahama Neru
2017.08.19


Hello.


Thank you very much
For the two national tour performances in Nagoya!

[Harada Aoi, Neru, Uemura Rina]

Recently I sometimes think
That I've gotten to a great age.


I really love Keyakizaka's songs.
Even now they help me many times.

The more I read and understand them,
The more I wish I could have shown them to my middle school self,
Who had so many worries,


But when I think back to my worries at that time
I now think: "Why was I so worried about that?"
And they seem like nothing.


At that time, however,
It felt like it was the whole world,
And that it all was telling me what to do.

Uh, but...I had no thought at all that was a bad thing.


So I think things like:
Even though now there are so many things to think so much about,
Years from now, I will somehow have gotten through it,

Or I think how happy I am to be with everybody right now.


Most of it is unseen,
But Keyakizaka, too, is struggling around as it makes its way forward.


( ´・ᴗ・` )



Even though I'm an adult
And I can't depend on anyone else,
There is still a part of me that isn't mature.
 

I want to keep working hard with everyone.


Truly, I have been helped by everyone.
Thank you always.





At ease and carefree.



Thank you very much for reading.

Nagahama Neru
_______________________________ written 170818, posted by staff 170819  01:45h

It's amazing and wonderful how you can look back at what was bothering you in the past and wonder why it seemed so serious.

Before she went to bed last night, Neru posted on Keyaki Message that she had sent this off to staff, then decided she wanted to change something, but was told it was too late. "I love words," she added.

I hope she has tried writing some lyrics herself. I also look forward to seeing how she gets along with new member Miyata Manamo, who is the same age as Neru, and has just started studying Japanese literature at a good university (Sugai's university, I believe).
   
"Kuzuyu" is a thick drink made with starch from the kudzu vine. 

Some Japanese posters think this is a message to Techi, telling her not to get so intense about work, to slow down. On the surface, it's a message to anyone listening.

"At ease and carefree" (or "slow and leisurely") is seen as the advice. But it could also just describe how Neru feels right now, with a day at home with no performance.

I believe the flowers in the picture are baby's breath (kasumisou), which I also believe is one of Neru's favorite flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment