2017-08-16

Harada Aoi blog: We can depend on no-one, but help and support each other

Black Sesame

Harada Aoi
2017.08.17


Good evening.

Today was the first
Of our national tour performances in Nagoya.

Thank you very much.


In anything, we have no-one to depend on.
In everything, the members all work hard to help and support each other.

I would be happy if you would continue to warmly support and watch over us from now on.


Today I worked hard to do the very best I could do today
To reach the people who came and have them enjoy themselves.


Tomorrow I will do my best again ( ˆ ˆ )/






Good night.

Harada Aoi
_________________________________ written evening 170816, posted by staff 170817  08:17h

A short but powerful post. As a Japanese commenter said, there seems to be a bit of anger in it. I'm not sure if the translation should be "we have no-one to depend on" or "we depend on no-one." But I went with the former because of the anger I felt.

The first concert in Nagoya was a disaster and a triumph. Techi was unable to perform...but the group overcame this huge hurdle and created what reports say was an exciting show.

Another commenter said: "People keep saying 'grade-schooler, grade-schooler,' but Aoi is actually a very together person." I completely agree. She may be small and slight, and may lack confidence in some situations, but she is very far from being a little child. She is a smart and able high-schooler, and one of the academically superior members of the group.


I've read another comment that Aoi had always been a good dancer, but her dancing is becoming more graceful recently. I have noticed this, too. Previously, she was clearly a good dancer, fast and making all the moves. But her movements felt a bit awkward and herky-jerky. They are now becoming smoother and more graceful.

Someone else said she was striking as a member of the subgroup156 doing Ballet to Shounen Wednesday night. They mentioned her flashing eyes and how they communicated. 

Add Aoi's name to the list of possible future centres -- and not too far in the future, either.

I'm sorry, I don't know who the other person in the photo is. Akanen and Uemuu have been suggested.

Here are a few recent photos:






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for translating. Aoi-chan is a super cute. She may be 小学11年生 but indeed she is quite capable.

    ReplyDelete