2019-01-25

Nagahama Neru blog: Movies from Dad, Coming of Age, Neru-chan map 2

Back to the Future,  328

Nagahama Neru
2019.01.25


Good evening~

Colds are going around.
Are you all in good health?
Let's both you and I be careful, eh....


A handshake event sales period starts today
And goes until tomorrow (the 25th) at 2:30pm.

https://fortunemusic.jp/


I want you to come and meet me
Whenever you'd like.
When you feel that impulse,
If you'd like to...!



Recently, my father,
Said, "You should watch these "
and loaned me all three Back to the Future movies.

As it turns out, I hadn't actually seen them,
And I watched them all at once.
They were enjoyable...

All the more so because I watched them with my family.




I've recently been watching films
Warmly and happily all by myself.

For some reason, my father called Remember Me
Honey Honey Rock. (Cuuute...)



They've made a second edition
Of the Neru-chan Map!!
I had a look at it!!!

They also sent me a message on it.
Truly, truly, thank you so much.



The people in the town at Gotou...
The kids who came were cute and well-mannered.
"We had a good time doing it!"
They told me.
It gave me such a warm and happy feeling.


Actually,
We said: "You be cute!" and "It were fun!"



Thank you very much to all of you who have visited Gotou.
Thank you so much
For being good to a town I love and that is important to me.

I'm not sure
What standpoint I'm looking from,
But I feel so grateful and happy. 



A few days ago was Coming of Age Day.
Thinking how grateful I was to my parents for raising me to the age of 20
Brought tears to my eyes.
What a wonderful family to be born into! I thought.
And got tears in my eyes again.
(That's a bit of a lie. I was smiling from embarrassment.)



But truly,
To my parents and to all the people who have surrounded me,
All the people who have given me such help:
Thank you very much. That's how it is. 



Every single day!!





The maid outfit I'll wear sometime.


Thank you very much for reading.

Nagahama Neru
_________________________________________________________
posted 2019/01/25   09:45h


The second edition of the Neru-chan Map, a map of the town there made by locals in honour of Neru and to further promote their town:



Neru lived on the island from age 3 to age 7, while her father taught there. They returned most summers for fun. And she shot much of her photobook there.

I think when she speak about the people coming to her with the map that she is giving uus some of their real Nagasaki dialect -- the meaning of which I'm just guessing at: "可愛かとよー!楽しかとよー!"

Coming of Age Day (Wikipedia)

Remember Me is the Japanese name for the Disney/Pixar film Coco -- as well as the name of the main song in it. Why Neru's dad might might refer to it as Honey Honey Rock (which I trust is what ホネホネロック transliterates) I don't know. I've searched around but am none the wiser. If anyone can help me here: please.

No comments:

Post a Comment