2018-04-04

Kakizaki Memi mini-interview: loving Techi, loving acting, hoping for a photo book...when she's 20

In a little interview just posted, Memi says that when Hirate cut her hair, Memi told her she looked "handsome." Techi's reaction? To push her up against a wall in a "kabe-don." Here's what that looks like in manga:
 


And here's the interview. I'm not sure yet what publication it comes from:




Kakizaki Memi -- Born 2 December 2001. From Nagano Prefecture.

1. The drama Re:Mind. Shooting the scene where I dropped out, I was able to express the most emotion I ever have in my life. I enjoyed acting so much. I fell in love with it. 

2. Hirate Yurina-san. We're in the same year and are friends, but I really respect her performance and her expressive power. When Yurina cut her hair, I told her she looked "handsome," and she pushed me up against a wall. I love her.

3. My dream is to have a photobook. If possible, when I'm 20. I'll do my best to become cuter by then.

These are clearly answers to three questions, maybe: What have you enjoyed most over the past year? Which other member do you like? What is your dream?

I hope Memi keeps acting, and that her excellent TV acting will translate to stage acting, which requires more projection.

She said recently that she hadn't met up with Hirate for a month, so I think they have been seeing less of each other. Now that school has started again, perhaps they will be together more -- if they are still going to the same school.

Memi, who is 16, seems to say she hopes she will be cute enough to have a photobook by the time she turns twenty. As Japanese comments say, she is actually plenty cute enough now. She could get that photobook within a year or two -- a photobook less revealing than 18-year-old Neru's, of course -- if her popularity rises enough first.


My dream is for Memi to (a) sing lead in a song, and (b) appear in a movie.

In addition today, we have new pics of the Hiragana members for their stage play, Ayumi. Memi's expression is fantastic. It seems that acting liberates her.



But not her alone. There are many strong expressions in the photo below, especially among the 1gens:


And finally, the first art based on the kabe-don scene has shown up. By The text says "!techi x memi!" and "kabedon":



I'm sure there's more to come, lol. Reaction from Japan has been swift and positive. People envy Memi. They are comforted that Memi still loves Techi, and by the way she talks about it. People recall the way Memi broke down in the "I Love You" game on radio when Techi said "I love you" to her.

1 comment:

  1. wow my heart :'D i envy memichan toooo hahahah

    ReplyDelete