2017-10-11

Nagahama Neru blog: 1st Photo Collection to be published in December

1st Photo Collection,   237

Nagahama Neru
2017.10.11


Hello.

This morning it was announced
That on December 19th Kodansha will publish
My first photo collection!

The shooting location was in my home towns
Of Nagasaki and the Goto Islands.

The official Twitter account has started, too:
@neru_nagasaki
I would be very happy if you made sure to follow it. ( ◜࿀◝ )

Plans are to post lots of
Various kinds of photos, videos and off-shots.
It would be my good fortune if you were to enjoy looking at them.


But having said that,
In my heart I am very, very nervous
To have people look at them. Quite unsettling.




I can say that for sure.


But beyond such personal worries
They have produced a wonderful photo collection.
If I do say so myself.
Wah! Wah! Wah...


Pit-a-pat ( ´・ᴗ・` )


Not being able to efface my knowledge that I am not good at being photographed
I am surprised that it seems
People want to see photos of me.


And it appears that being in places I know so well in my home town
And in the midst of pure Nature,
My feelings became relaxed
And I produced nothing but expressions unfamiliar even to me.


The photos also captured
The change in my heart
Over the few days I spent in the Goto Islands.

Wah! The human face is a changeable thing, I thought.
Really, even I was surprised by the photos.
Unbelievable, I thought.
This will get through to people who see them, I thought.



And somehow
It was Hosoi Koujirou-san who took the pictures. 
Also,
The photo team were really outstanding.
This is what made it a wonderful book.

This became a deeply important encounter in my life.



And there's more.
The scenery there really is lovely.
I am really grateful
To have this opportunity to introduce 
To everyone this city that I love.


In fact, so that I could absorb as much as possible
During the five days we were in Nagasaki
I left my phone in Tokyo!

Looking at the scenery, reading books, talking with people in my home town --
It was a blessed time.



I apologize for this being so long, up to now.

The summer I was 18.
So many moments of it captured
And given so many things to do that I can only do now.

They photographed more than all of me.
It is one of my life's treasures.


Having a photo collection published
Makes me both grateful and embarrassed, and extremely anxious.

But also, to be honest, very happy.

I went thinking things like: maybe fans will be happy to get this.
And: maybe they will want to go and see Nagasaki.



Without all of you, I would not exist.
I wanted somehow to get those feelings across.
I always want to convey that.

It would be good if this photo collection became something that could do that, and
If this became a book that everyone would feel fortunate to have. 
Those feelings are in this book.

From my heart, thank you very much always.

I'd be so happy if people who get this book
Come to love it.



Pre-orders have begun.
I would be very happy if you checked it out at
Bookstores throughout the country, Rakuten and Amazon. 



Thank you very much for reading my blog.

Nagahama Neru
______________________________________________ 171011  14:46h

At this moment, this book is Amazon Japan's #1 ranked book (all books, not just photobooks). The Watanabe Rika in Athens photobook announced at the same time is #2 (that book's twitter account). Pe's book comes out 5 December, Neru's 19 December.

Neru's book's twitter account has published these pics. I love them all, but particularly the first one:












Hosoi Koujirou (twitter, ja.Amazon, ja.wikipedia), is a well-known photographer who has done many photobooks, including ones for 48/46 idols Sashihara Rino, Ikuta Erika, and Saitou Asuka; for actress Shida Mirai; and for seiyuus Hanazawa Kana and Satou Rina.

Neru mentions that she left her phone at home, in order to experience things more completely. This solves a mystery that has been discussed on 2channel and elsewhere. She mentioned in a blog post some weeks ago that she had been several days without a phone, and people wondered where she could possibly have been that did not have phone service. The anti's tried to think of shameful things she might have been doing. Lol.

Yes, there will be bikini photos, according to Neru in this article.

Neru posted no photos in her blog. All the photos here are added from publicity releases.

1 comment:

  1. japanese words only appeared as worms for me. so somehow i'm grateful and i do adore your translation so much, as neru blog become something able to soaked by chest. either neru's words were always so powerfull or your translation does it.. it's so great so thanks a lot!!

    ReplyDelete