2016-11-25

Kakizaki Memi Talks About Crying During the Making of Hiragana's New MV

There hasn't been enough Kakizaka Memi talk recently, so here's her Friday blog post:
_________________________________________________


Snow *・。゚ 

2016.11.25

Good evening. Kakizaki Memi here.

Yesterday was my first Showroom in a long time. 



I think this is the Showroom I've been most nervous for...lol.

How was Dare Yori mo Takaku Tobe ??
It's very different from Hiragana Keyaki --
Up-tempo and spirited. 

I guess people who saw the making-of video will know
That during the taping of the MV, I felt that I was not doing well
And ended up crying in disappointment and frustration...

Every time I watch the MV I think
"I wish I had smiled more !!(;_;)"



Even though I cried a lot
Shooting the scenes in the library with Neru
Was so much fun (*´ω`*)

The MV has been uploaded to YouTube,
So if you haven't seen it yet,
Please take a look <(_ _ )>



Here's a shot with Kyonko that I like, lol. 

Snow fell today in Tokyo!
It's cold ~~。゜。゜(ノ)´Д'(ヾ)゜。゜。

But I hope the snow builds up enough
That we can have a snowball fight! 

Flu seems to be starting the spread now, too.
Keep yourself warm so you don't catch anything ♡



Bye-bye.

-- Kakizaki Memi 
________________________________________

It really did snow on Thursday. It was the first time it had snowed in Tokyo in November for over 50 years. People used umbrellas against the flurries of wet snow. On the way out to the airport on the train, I watched snow falling across northeast Tokyo, building up a centimeter or so on roofs and fields. But Memi is from Nagano, in the mountains. It can't really have meant much to her. 

By the way, from what she says, it seems that she is living in Tokyo now, at least for the moment. 

Memi shouldn't worry about smiling. Her abstracted concentration and stolidity are just fine -- far better than a fake smile. In that first photo, Kumi and Shiho's expressions are for show, not from the heart. That's okay for them. But Memi should just stay herself. She needs to concentrate to get thi stuff right. In any case, her impassiveness is part of the strength I see in her. Others have commented on how calm she seemed at the original selection announcement. She herself says that she was so shocked to be chosen that she could hardly react.

She and Neru make a good pair at double-centre in that song. Neither is a great dancer, but both move quite well, within their limited range. It was great to see the shot of them laughing so wholeheartedly together in the making-of video. Memi stamping those papers in the MV is probably something she has done in real life: she was secretary of her school's student council.

No comments:

Post a Comment