2019-02-18

Watanabe Miho blog: Feelings about the name-change to Hinatazaka

Acceptance and determination

Watanabe Miho
2019.02.14


Hello, everyone!
It's Watanabe Miho, of Hiragana Keyaki, now changed to Hinatazaka46.
It's a strange feeling.
I'm gradually, gradually getting used to it.
Actually, I'd already thought of changing the opening and ending of my posts.
On the 24th of this month I'll turn 19,
And I was thinking I might change them that day
But it's come a little sooner than I expected ( ᷇࿀ ᷆ )‬
And I still haven't quite decided what to make them.
I'll decide soon!
On the SHOWROOM the day before yesterday a lot of announcements were made.

At first, my head was full of a lot of things,
But after  while I calmed down and was able to think about the situation.

[Things announced on SHOWROOM]
Independent single debut!
The CD will be released on March 27 (pre-orders now!)
Orders for individual handshake events will start February 14
On https://fortunemusic.jp/ ☁︎☁︎

Mechakari tie-up
Will continue, please feel welcome
To borrow as many outfits as you like  ☜




Debut Countdown Live!
[Dates] March 5 (Tuesday), March 6 (Wednesday)
[Venue] Yokohama Arena
To have a live at Yokohama Arena is like a dream.
A Debut Countdown Live is a once-in-a-lifetime event,
And I want to create the greatest memories with everyone!

Independent official site and fan club open
☟ Fan club
(https://www.hinatazaka46.com/s/official/news/detail/O00001)
Orders are being taken for Debut Countdown Live tickets!
https://www.hinatazaka46.com/s/official/?ima=0000       
☝︎ The Hinatazaka46 official site.
Please check details of future activities and events there.
An official Twitter has been established ☀︎
☞@hinatazakanews
Please be sure to follow.
Name-change to Hinatazaka46
Weren't you all surprised, too?
I was totally astonished.
I didn't know what to say.
But Hinatazaka46 is a fantastic name
And I'm thinking about it.
I still haven't completely come to terms with it.
I'm right in the midst of doing that.
I hope we can grow it together with so many of you.
All kinds of announcements were made
I'm just using my own words to frame my thoughts.
First, I'm truly happy for our independent single debut!
It's thanks to all of you who have supported us.
Truly, thank you very much.
It's something we have always had as a goal, and it makes me so excited to think that now many more people will have a chance to know about us.
But I do also have some quite sad feelings, too.
Keyakizaka46 formed. Then Neru-san was there.
And then Hiragana Keyaki was born.
The 1gens got together, and the 2gens were added, and now Hinano is our comrade, too.
We have the thoughts and stories of many people,
And on top of that, we have now been set up on our own.
We will go forward performing as Hinatazaka46
But will definitely never forget the days, the experiences, and the memories we made as Hiragana Keyakizaka46.
Up to now, working with the Kanji-sans, we learned so much.
Doing lives together,
Taking part in a performance of Ambivalent...
They were truly cool and wonderful.
I thought: I want to dance like that.
They accepted us with such kindness, and taught us so much. Keyakizaka46 are really great beings.
I'm filled with gratitude.
Thank you very much!

"Keyakizaka" and "(Hiragana) Keyakizaka"
Are written differently, but sound the same.
That gave me a kind of sense of security.
It seemed that I had found a good place to be.
But from now on, we will stride forward
As Hinatazaka46.
With our memories of things up to now in our hearts, we will go forward.

In about a month,
We will complete all our activities as Hiragana Keyaki
And I am preparing to start as Hinatazaka46.
Once again, to all of you who have always supported us,
To the staff and others who have sustained us,
Truly, thank you very much.
And please continue to treat us well from now on.
I look forward to when Kageyama-san returns and we can all stand on stage together ☺︎

The group colour is sky blue!
Sky and sun is just like us ☀︎
I will do all I can as a member of Hinatazaka46
To gain the support of many, many people.
To be someone who does this goes without saying,
But I will always tell myself never to forget the feelings I began with.
I will be very happy if you will watch over us warmly from now on.
Please support us!

Watanabe Miho

____________________________________________________
posted 2019.02.14  01:37h


When the announcement of the name-change was made, of the members on stage, only Memi seemed upset. But now that we have seen the reactions of the other members, who were shown the announcement during practice, we know that she was not along, that other members were upset, too. Miho in particular seemed to be bawling.


Here's a video combining scenes from the on-stage announcement with scenes of the rest of the members, receiving the hitherto secret name-change announcement at the same time. Memi and Miho seem worried about what it will be, and then devastated when they find out:





But Memi recovered enough to seem quite okay during the interviews after the announcement, and posted a piece in Keyaki Message that was like a shorter version of Miho's blog post, saying she was disturbed by the change, but promising to work just as hard for Hinatazaka46 as for Hiragana Keyaki.

Miho, as one would expect, sucked it up and made this post, remembering Hiragana, but determined to push forward as Hinatazaka.

I'm actually not worried about either of them: they let their feelings come out and can now really turn forward. Everyone really does respond in their own different ways. But the fact is that this is big change -- both positive and negative -- and I admire Miho and Memi for grasping both ends of the situation. There is something similar about these very different members.

The original title of this piece is simpler than my translation: 覚悟kakugo "realization." But what this means is that you realize something, usually something negative, but summon up your determination to push ahead anyway. So I've experimented with "acceptance and determination" as a translation, to get both ideas across.

No comments:

Post a Comment